Refresh yourself with this ice cream cake, low carb, low fat and high in protein! The treat without the threat!
Per la ricetta in ITALIANO, clicca QUI!
It’s HOT here in Salento, so ice cream is the way to go for my afternoon snack!
The recipe of today is fit, high in protein and low in fat and sugar, so PERFECT if you want to watch your caloric intake but still enjoy something sweet.
For the ice cream, you can follow my Peanut Butter chocolate nice cream recipe which I used in this post, or (for a simpler version) you can get Foodspring protein ice cream mix.
Ingredients (makes 1 small cake, serves 1):
for the base
- 40 g rolled oats (@zumub, 10% discount code: EXPATCUCINA)
- 30 g smooth peanut butter (@zumub, 10% discount code: EXPATCUCINA)
- 1 tbsp Erythritol sugar (@zumub, 10% discount code: EXPATCUCINA)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (@green)
for the ice cream
- 60 g food spring chocolate protein ice cream
- sugar-free chocolate syrup (@zumub, 10% discount code: EXPATCUCINA)
- crushed peanuts
In a blender pulse all the ingredient to make the base.
Then press it at the bottom of your cake pan (I used one with removable base), refrigerate for at least 1 hour
Next, prepare the ice cream, either following my recipe here (for a fully vegan version) or the instructions on Foodspring protein ice cream mix. Pour the ice cream on the base and place it in your freezer for 4 hours.
When ready to serve drizzle the top with some sugar-free chocolate syrup and some crashed peanuts!
ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR!
If you make this recipe, tag me on IG @the_fit_mediterranean
If you want to try ZUMUB products, you can use my discount code: EXPATCUCINA and get 10% on your bill!