Chocolate Protein Bowl

Try this simple vegan bowl packed with protein and healthy fats which is also refined sugar-free and gluten-free. Did I mention it is also Paleo and Keto friendly?

Healthy-Monday, because let’s face it, we all do need a bit of a post-weekend lighter diet, don’t we?

Well, I certainly do! Spent an amazing 2 days at the beach with my friends and we certainly did enjoy a lot of nice food, some of which was not the healthiest. Guilty? NOT AT ALL.

Being able to have fun and enjoy dinners out is also SUPER important for our mental health and overall well being. Becoming too obsessed about our eating is not good as in the long term it would create more stressed than benefits. That’s why I like to stay flexible and stick (as much as possible) to the 80/20 rule, where I eat healthy and nutritious food, sticking to my macros and what more, for 80% of the time, while I relax and enjoy whatever I want for the remaining 20% of the time. It just happens that this 20% for me is concentrated over the weekend, but that’s because this is how I prefer to manage it. You could spread your 20% over the whole week, allowing yourself a nice treat every day. Why not?

But because today is healthy-Monday, it’s time for me to share with you a nice recipe, that you could integrate into your 80% of good eating.

Today’s recipe is a sweet, tasty and nutritious chocolate bowl which is refined sugar-free and gluten-free, while packed with protein and healthy fats.

Ingredients (makes 1 serving):

  • 1 small, very ripe banana
  • 1/2 large ripe avocado
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of your choice
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder

Toppings:

  • fresh strawberries
  • coconut chips
  • dry coconut

Place all ingredients into a food processor

and blend until creamy

Plate it and top it off with fresh strawberries, coconut chips and dry coconut!

Refrigerate until ready to eat!

Love

-Dani

About the author:

An Italian living in China with a strong passion for cooking! Browse my 'left-overs' session for many tasty grub!. Follow her on Twitter / Facebook.