Power Yogurt and Fruit Breakfast Bowl

Power Yogurt and Fruit Breakfast Bowl

Power Yogurt and Fruit Breakfast Bowl to break-your-fast with whole, real, natural foods!

No matter if you eat your breakfast at 6 in the morning or at 1 pm, in either cases you need to make sure that the first food you break your fast with is nutritious, whole and REAL!
By real I mean unprocessed. Anything that has gone through some sort of “transformation” has lost some (if not all) of its nutritional content and will not be treated by your body as real fuel. Instead it will just fill up your tummy for a very short time and after 1 or 2 hours you will be hungry again. Guess where that will lead you?


Oh yes! Sorry to drop the bomb!

In my daily diet I try to apply the 80/20 logic, which is to say, I stick to whole, real food 80% of the time and have what I call “cheat meals” for the other 20%. This makes my life easy, my diet clean, and my body stronger and stronger but still allows me to go out with friends and be social.

This breakfast bowl is what I made for myself after a long night out dancing (no drinking) and a early wake up call the following day. It is filled up with healthy homemade goat milk blueberry yogurt, fresh fruit, almond butter, pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of coconut chips. Here is how to make it!

Ingredients (serves one):

1/2 cup homemade blueberry goat yogurt (you can replace with cow milk yogurt or coconut yogurt if you prefer)

  • 1/8 cup creamy all natural almond butter
  • 1 tsp pumpkin seeds (raw)
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 kiwi
  • 1-2 tbsp coconut chips
  • 1 tsp organic cold-pressed coconut oil

Just simple ingredients! And you can replace the kiwi with other types of fruits, like berries, mango, apple or whatever else you like.

In a skillet melt 1 tsp of organic cold pressed coconut oil, cut the banana in half length-wise and give it a quick blister on one side. The natural sugar in the banana will slightly caramelize making it crunchy.

To assemble your bowl, just scoop out yogurt and almond butter, lay the banana on the side, slice up the kiwi and add that too and finish it off by sprinkling pumpkin seeds and coconut chips on top.

Give it a swirl to combine the different ingredients, break the banana into small bite-friendly pieces and enjoy! Or place into a glass-jar and store in your fridge for a couple of hours.



About the author:

An Italian living in China with a strong passion for cooking! Browse my 'left-overs' session for many tasty grub!. Follow her on Twitter / Facebook.