Juicy, tender, flavorful Sunday’s meatloaf. Just like my mom used to make it for me when I was a kid!
Today I am going to share with you one of my family oldest recipes: my mom’s meatloaf. I still dream of her juicy, soft, flavorful Sunday meatloaf! The recipe is incredibly simple and require very basics staple ingredients.
This is great for a dinner party, just pop it in the oven 1 hour before serving it and you won’t have to worry to be in the kitchen when your guests arrive!
Watch the video or scroll down to read the recipe!
Ingredients (makes one large loaf that can feed 6 people):
- 100 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 300 g ground pork
- 150 g ground beef
- salt and ground pepper
- 40 g sliced smoked scamorza cheese
- 80 g mortadella
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl mix ground meats, salt and pepper, breadcrumb, milk, grated Parmesan cheese and eggs
- Place half the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet, and form into an 11-by-6-inch loaf. Place mortadella and cheese on top of meat mixture, leaving a 1-inch border. Place the remaining meat mixture on top; form into a loaf, encasing the filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Let it sit for 10 min then slice and serve.