Today is a special day…
Today is a happy day…
Today is one of my dear partner 3rd anniversary, which is why I am happy and up to celebrating!
Epermarket, one of Expatcucina’s partners, is celebrating its 3rd year birthday with special offers:
- Big blowout promotions on the website on over 1,600 items from October 24th until November 7th
- FREE Lavazza Coffee Machine + 30 capsules with any purchase over 2,000 RMB or 2,500 RMB on multiple orders
- Up to 15 % off on selected brands such as Barilla, Emmi Yoghurts, BN, Walker Biscuits, Elle & Vire Desserts and many more.
- 20 % discount on Halal beef for the same price and 2:1 on Halal Lamb + Beef Burger Patties
To celebrate with them I have prepared a special cake: Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake! To die for!
Here is the recipe!
Ingredients (for a 6 inch cake):
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 130 g granulated sugar
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 2 large+ 1 small eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 160 ml buttermilk*
- zest + juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or non-thawed frozen
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of vanilla frosting
Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Spray three 6 inch cake pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Measure up the sugars and in a bigger bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder.
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high until creamy – about 1 minute.
Scrape down the side of the bowl
Add granulated and brown sugars and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2-3 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla (one at a time). Beat on medium speed until everything is combined, about 2 full minutes.
Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Set aside. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat on low speed for 5 seconds.
Grate the zest of the lemon and squeeze the juice
Then add the buttermilk, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the batter. Remove from the mixer and stir lightly until everything is just combined.
Toss the blueberries in 1 tablespoon of flour
and fold into the batter.
Spoon batter evenly into 3 prepared cake pans. If only using 2 cake pans, your bake time will be longer.
Bake the three layers for about 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then with a knife trim the tops and edges off the cake layers to create a flat surface
Place 1 layer on your cake stand. Evenly cover the top with frosting.
Top with 2nd layer, more frosting, then the third layer. Top with frosting and spread around the sides. Top with blueberries or lemon garnish if desired.
Refrigerate for at least 45 min before slicing or the cake will fall apart as you cut.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EPERMARKET!