You might say it didn’t take me that long…and you might be right…but in the last days lots of small good things have happened as well…
1. I’ve received so many emails and messages from people from all over the world showing me their support and love and each of them made me feel less lonely
2. I’ve been going out A LOT and I’ve been meeting lots of interesting new people
3. I’ve been contacted by the Ritz Carlton Portman and invited for a complimentary dinner as one of the most famous food blogger in Shanghai (believe it or not…I still can’t believe it…)
4. I’ve been contacted again by the magazine XinMin Bella which wants to write an other article about my cooking
5. and I’m heading home in 10 days for 3 weeks, which is awesome!
So overall yeah I’m sad and moving on is hard, but I also feel like life goes on and it’s always ready to surprise you somehow. I’d have never expected so many good things to happen all together in less then 5 days and this is giving me a lot of strength and energy to react.
So one bad thing happens in your life but many, many small good one are ready to follow up!
So here I am today ready to share with you a fantastic recipe! I made this a few weeks ago, when I still had someone to cook for…It’s a pineapple meringue pie!
I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and I fell in love with it right away. You should give this a try!
for the cream:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp water
- 220 g of canned pineapple
for the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
First thing we wanna do is rolling out our pie dough, place it in a pie pan, cover the button with beans and bake it at 180 c for about 20 min or until golden brown
Now in a pot put sugar, butter and egg yolk
With a hand mixer cream all the ingredients together
Add the cornstarch and vanilla extract,
beat for a few more minutes.
keep mixing and pour in the water
Next open your can of pineapple and cut it into very small pieces.
Add them with their juice into the pan
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick
Let it cool down a bit then pour it into the baked pie crust
Time for making the meringue now!
Whip up the egg whites with a pinch of salt
As soon as they begin to get foamy add the sugar,
and vanilla extract
and whip until the meringue has reached soft peak stage
Place the meringue over the cooled pie spreading it with a spoon or a spatula
Brown at 200 C for just a few minutes! I kept mine a bit too long…
…I’m imperfect that way….
Store in the fridge until ready to serve!
I’ll be back with a new recipe soon 🙂
Enjoy this one for today and have a great weekend you all!